A day dedicated to food, drink, family and friends - that's my kind of festa! Below you will find an assortment of Portuguese inspired Thanksgiving recipes. Portuguese wines are made to be enjoyed with food - so this is the perfect holiday to pop some Portugal - wine pairings included!
Portuguese Port Cranberry Sauce - with Port! This recipe is written by one of my good friends from Porto, Porugal, with Catavino tours. The best part about this sauce - it uses Port!
- Pairings - of course, Quinta De La Rosa Tawny Port!
Choriço Stuffing - A Portuguese twist on an all time favorite thanksgiving recipe! The Choriço adds complexity and some heat and smokiness.
- Wine pairings - a medium bodied red - Pair with the Douro Valley Lacrau Tinto.
Portuguese Style Vinho Verde Turkey - Cookbook blogger and author Tia Maria gives us another reason to love Vinho Verde with this recipe.
- Wine pairing - you guessed it, my fresh Quinta Do Cruzeiro Vinho Verde would be perfect both to cook with and pair with this dish. The high acid in the wine cuts through the fat of the turkey for a perfect pairing.
Portuguese Style Beer Turkey - This recipe hails from George Mendes' New York City Portuguese restaurant Lupulo.
- Wine pairings - spiced and salty - this pairs great with the Vadio sparkling wines from the Bairrada region (traditionally had with salty suckling pig in Portugal).
Portuguese Style Roasted Potatoes. Simple and delicious this is a great side dish for a Thanksgiving table.
- Wine pairings - The Vadio red from Bairrada would be a perfect pair.
Portuguese Cornmeal Bread (Pão de milho). Portuguese cornmeal bread is a staple in Portugal and a great addition to a holiday table. It has a wonderful texture and can stand up to the bold flavors of Thanksgiving side dishes.
- The bright and fresh Lacrau white from the Douro Valley would be my pick!
Have other Portuguese recipes you would like to share? Email me at Rachel@rachelfarah.com