Northern Portugal Harvest Wine and Food Tour
The moment has come for the Rachel Farah Discover Portugal Northern Harvest Wine and Food Tour! This is a highly anticipated, special moment for me as I have been building this experience for months with my good friend and owner of Catavino Tours, Ryan Opaz of Porto, Portugal. Ryan is a food and wine writer and one of the leading experts on the food and wine history, scene and culture in Portugal. In no way shape or form is this an average food and wine tour. Instead of jumping on and off a bus visiting tastings rooms, my tour visits the homes and wineries of many of my wine and olive oil producers. You will enjoy experiences like:
- Dining with my olive oil producer in his family's countryside restaurant founded in the early 1800s among the rolling olive orchards in a remote region titled "beyond the mountains"
- Barrel tasting solera sparkling wine with the owners of Vadio wines.
- Foot-stomping port grapes (with port in hand!)
- BBQing fresh seafood with my winemaker friends overlooking the Douro river
Because this is such an intimate trip, I am keeping it small - capping the group at a max of 10-12 people. This tour is the ultimate insider wine and food harvest experience of Northern Portugal. I hope you can join me on this unique trip which is truly a once in a lifetime experience!
Saturday – 26th September 2020
Explore the city and welcome dinner at The Lab, an artisanal, private tasting room located in the heart of historic Porto.
Sunday – September 27, 2020
Porto | Covela | Douro
Visit the historic and beautiful Quinta da Covela in the Vinho Verde region, a private boat cruise on the Douro river, and dinner at DOC – one of the Douro’s top restaurants.
Monday – September 28, 2020
Explore the history of Port (with an opportunity to foot stomp grapes!) at my friends port house - Quinta do Quevedo. Then off to a veranda with sweeping views of the Douro for a BBQ dinner of wild meats and seafood with some of the Douro’s top wines in hand.
Tuesday –September 29, 2020
Wine tasting and lunch at Quinta do Romeu, Rachel Farah’s olive oil producer. Visit the rolling olive fields, vineyards and cork forest with the Quinta’s owner. Dinner at the hotel restaurant with a special winemaker guest.
Wednesday – September 30, 2020
Douro | Dão | Bairrada | Porto
Wine tasting and lunch with the owners and winemaker at Quinta da Boavista in the Dão Wine Region at their historic and bucolic organic property. Travel to the Bairrada wine region (yes, sparkling wine!) to visit the family and vineyards of Vádio, then travel back to Porto for a free night off.
Thursday – October 1, 2020
Porto | Monção | Porto
Wine tasting at Quinta de Santiago in Monção, then back to Porto to continue to explore at your leisure. Enjoy a private tour of a Port House owned by the Poças family, lunch and shopping at your leisure. Dinner will be at O Gaveto – a true Porto seafood fest!
Friday – October 2, 2020
Morning walking Porto food tour where you will sample ten traditional and iconic Portuguese foods at local and family owned restaurants, cafes and shops. Visits the markets and people behind Porto’s incredible food scene.
Saturday – October 3, 2020
Travel back home.
For a deeper look at the itinerary details, please click here.
4,350€ per person
If traveling solo, there is an additional single supplement of 850.00€
- 1 Night at Porto Coliseum in Double Suite Room with breakfast included
- 3 Nights at Delfim Douro in Double Standard Room with breakfast included
- 3 Nights at Porto Coliseum in Double Suite Room with breakfast included
- Private arrival and departure transfers
- Mini bus at disposal as per itinerary
- Expert Wine Guides, Ryan Opaz and Rachel Farah, at disposal as per itinerary
- 6 dinners at local restaurants (pre-set menu with wines), 1 with special guest
- 6 Winery visits with premium wine tastings, 5 with lunch
- 1 Port wine cellar visit with premium wine tasting and lunch
- Private walking Food Tour in Porto
- Catavino’s expert coordination and support
- Welcome information packet, restaurant recommendations, our 24 hour contact number
- Travel costs to Porto (if flying into Lisbon or another airport)
- Lisbon Touristic Taxes (2€ per person per night, paid directly to the hotel at the end of your stay)
- Porto Touristic Taxes (2€ per person per night, paid directly to the hotel at the end of your stay)
contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions